Wednesday 18 January 2012

My living quarters...


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today I woke up feeling much better (though still a little sick). I got an early start and headed to the BUNAC office to start applying to some temp agencies… Not an idea I’m wholly keen on, but I will take any work I can at the moment until I find something a little bit more permanent. I ended up getting a call right away and arranged an appointment for 4pm.

I came back to Southwark and had lunch at Belushi’s… Belushi’s is the bar beside the hostel which gives discounted food to the hostellers, and tt’s sort of an on-going joke with the hostellers and the friends I’ve made that Belushi’s will make you sick. So far I feel fine :P.




I then got my stuff together and went to my appointment, and further reinforced that I want to find something permanent! I can’t imagine the instability of temping forever. Also, it’s like starting a new job constantly… Which gives me a  bit of anxiety to think about!

I snapped a few pictures of my hostel for anyone curious as to where I am staying.


The room. My bed is the first bottom one.


The view outside the window.


A view down the street at night.


The hostel from across the street.


The King's Head pub, which I have not been to but it's right next door.


1 comment:

  1. hmmm temping on a regular basis....sounds like the girl who lives in my basement. She's constantly filling gaps in employment with temp stuff - I don't know how she does it.

    She will get a call at 10 pm the night before and then have to get up at 5 to commute to somewhere across the city to be on time for 8:30. Sounds stressful, always wondering where your next pay cheque is gonna come from

    ReplyDelete